What I've been up to lately...

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Oh, BOY!

Have you checked out the Celebrate the Boy series over at Made and Made by Rae yet?
They have some cool stuff going on!

My favorite things are Rae's Saffron Pants,
Yellow pants - 10
Dana's Big Stick Pajama Pants,
and Dana's 13 DIY Fabrics tutorial.


Here's a quick look at what I've been working on to celebrate my boys...
I finally got a copy of the Sewing for Boys book and I am more inspired to sew than I've been in a long time!
I started with the 2-in-1 Jacket in this adorable fabric that features donkeys sporting brightly colored rain boots.  The Jacket reverses to a dark wash denim...for days when donkeys in rain boots are just too flashy *note: there will NEVER be such a day*!  I have the same fabric in white with green and yellow boots for my other little guy...it's still on the cutting pile.
Rowan flipped through the book and requested a Just-Like Dad Robe...only not in flannel, in NEON GREEN fleece.  I adapted the pattern to use with fleece, and the Not So Restful Robe was created.
I'm working on finishing up this pair of  pants that have been nearly complete for a while now...
I've been cleverly patching some hole-y knees...

And, my cutting pile still contains fabric for several pairs of Treasure Pocket Pants and some knit for new T-shirts...
If only my sewing machine could keep up with my inspired mind...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...