What I've been up to lately...

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Pattern Testing: Wee Muses' Prairie Rose

I had the absolute pleasure of testing the Prairie Rose pattern for Anneliese at Wee Muses Patterns. You may also know Anneliese from her blog Aesthetic Nest where she sews, crochets, cooks and entertains and shares beautiful photos of her adorable girls.  Or you may have seen one of her two Etsy shops Aesthetic Nest or Wee Muses,  in which she sells her sewing and crochet patterns and some fun printables.
The Prairie Rose Pattern includes a dress, top, skirt and pants that all feature over-sized ruffles reminiscent of southwestern, prairie style clothing.  I chose to sew the top and pants and was thrilled with how they turned out.
The pattern was easy to follow and the instructions were clear.  The construction of the pieces was cleverly simple.  I especially love how the ruffles on the blouse were created.  The pattern has tons of photos to guide you along.
This was the first Wee Muses pattern I have tried, and I am eager to sew some more!
I sewed this outfit for my sweet niece Julianna.
She jumped up and down and began dancing at the sight of the clothes...definitely a sign that she liked them!
I used a bold flower print for the top and a coordinating polka-dot for the pants.
I trimmed all of the ruffles with teeny-tiny turquoise pom-poms.  I also created a matching headband with the leftover fabric and trim.
When Julianna tried the outfit on, she wouldn't stop twirling around.
It is wonderful to sew for someone who loves and treasures the clothes!
I'm starting to think about ruffled Prairie Rose Christmas dresses.....hmmm.....are you?
This week Anneliese is offering a 20% off in either of her shops when you use the code  THANKS20 at check out!  The Prairie Rose pattern launches this week, so you can grab it with the discount!


2 comments:

  1. This is unspeakably darling! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so sweet! I love the colors of the fabric and works perfectly for the top and pants! It looks like a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...